United Nations Development Programme
UNDP partners with people at all levels of society to help build nations that can withstand crisis, and drive and sustain the kind of growth that improves the quality of life for everyone. On the ground in 177 countries and territories, we offer global perspective and local insight to help empower lives and build resilient nations.
Working with the Government of Sri Lanka, UNDP provides support in the areas of socio-economic development, conflict prevention and recovery, democratic governance and human rights, sustainable environmental management and the achievement of Millennium Development Goals. Interventions are at both policy and project, implemented in close partnership with national counterparts in the Government, civil society, and the private sector, and the private sector. UNDP also provides administrative support to the UN Agencies / UN Country Team (UNCT) in Sri Lanka under the Resident Coordination system.
Against this background UNDP Sri Lanka seeks to recruit a dynamic person for the post described below.
Post of Project Management Specialist
Please refer full Terms of Reference for the position on UN Jobs site (jobs.undp.org). The summary of duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Planning, Implementing and Management of Programme activities
- Office Management and Coordination among Technical Assistance Team
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Supervises programme resource management, quality control and implementation of Internal Controls
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
For more details, please visit jobs.undp.org
The successful candidate should possess the following minimum qualifications & competencies:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Project Management, Natural Science, Environment, Development Studies, or related field.
- Minimum 7 years post-masters project management experience in environmental sector, executing responsibilities of Senior Manager/ Director level and Advocacy for developing national plans/programmes with state sector and non-state sector stakeholder engagement;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, to effectively manage it and to motivate its members and other project counterparts to effectively work towards the project’s objective and expected outcomes;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills and related ability for adaptive management;
- Good communication skills and competence in handling project’s external relations at all levels; and
- Familiarity and prior experience with the Government and UNDP policies and guidelines are considered as an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Sinhala or Tamil
Qualified candidates are invited to send an updated CV containing details of educational and professional qualifications and work experience with the names of two non-related referees and a contact telephone number on or before 25th May 2015. To apply, please access jobs.undp.org for vacancy notice and apply through the website. qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Valid Until: May 25, 2015
Top Management Jobs