United Nations Development Programme
UNDP partners with people at all levels of society to help build nations that can withstand crisis, and drive and sustain the kind of growth that improves the quality of life for everyone. On the ground in 177 countries and territories, we offer global perspective and local insight to help empower lives and build resilient nations.
Working with the Government of Sri Lanka, UNDP provides support in the areas of socio-economic development, conflict prevention and recovery, democratic governance and human rights, sustainable environmental management and the achievement of Millennium Development Goals. Interventions are at both policy and project, implemented in close partnership with national counterparts in the Government, civil society, and the private sector, and the private sector. UNDP also provides administrative support to the UN Agencies / UN Country Team (UNCT) in Sri Lanka under the Resident Coordination system.
Against this background UNDP Sri Lanka seeks to recruit a dynamic person for the post described below.
Please refer full Terms of Reference for the position on UN Jobs site (jobs.undp.org). The summary of duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Planning, Implementing and Management of Programme activities
- Office Management and Coordination among Technical Assistance Team
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Supervises programme resource management, quality control and implementation of Internal Controls
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
For more details, please visit jobs.undp.org
The successful candidate should possess the following minimum qualifications & competencies:
- Secondary Education, preferably with specialized certification in Administration, Management, HR or Accounting.
- Minimum of 05 years’ experience in supporting the implementation of projects, with preference in environment and natural resource management projects. UN related experience is advantageous;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) is a must and knowledge of database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems is preferred;
- Experience building and maintaining partnerships with Government, other development partners and the private sector;
- Demonstrated capacity to undertake assigned responsibilities and work under pressure;
- An excellent team player.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills in English, along with Tamil and/ or Sinhala.
Qualified candidates are invited to send an updated CV containing details of educational and professional qualifications and work experience with the names of two non-related referees and a contact telephone number on or before 25th May 2015. To apply, please access jobs.undp.org for vacancy notice and apply through the website. qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Valid Until: May 25, 2015